Are you searching to search how to delete Spotify account? Spotify is a global music entertainment application open on cross-platform such as Windows, Android, and Apple devices. In some scenarios, we often choose to delete the Spotify account due to specific causes.
Millions of music application users do not identify how to delete it on any device. We are going to cover the topic and provide instructions without missing the point. You can delete your Spotify account from a web browser on your smartphone or your computer. The right is not available on mobile or desktop apps.
Cancel Your Premium Subscription on Spotify
Music services have stiff competition. There are many options to choose from, and you’ve given Spotify a chance. However, you have entered the end of your free trial or do not wish to continue your paid membership. Your primary goal is to change your Spotify Premium subscription to a free membership.
No problem; if you are a premium Spotify subscriber, you can cancel your membership and change to Spotify free without closing your account permanently. You will still be ready to stream your playlist online.
Note: Spotify Premium subscription cancellation cannot be done through the mobile app. To do so, you require to head over to Spotify’s website and sign in. Follow these steps:
- To start, head over to Spotify.com.
- Now, sign in to your Spotify account.
- Next, hit your username in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Next on, choose the Account section from the drop-down menu that looks.
- Follow the “Membership” option on the left menu.
- Next up, click the “Change or Cance”l button on the page that loads.
- On the newly opened page, click “Cancel Premium.”
- Finally, click “Yes,” to confirm the cancellation.
How to Delete Spotify Account: Step by Step Guide
The music services are free on cross-platform, but the company ensured that they would utilize a similar layout in all devices and apps. Covering the deletion part on a phone application will not use to the Windows app version and web version. It would be best if you had a desktop browser to connect and start working on the deletion process. Otherwise, it won’t work.
- Start the web browser such as desktop Mozilla or Chrome, and then go to the official support page. The support page claims to authorize an active account presence, so you need to login into the account. Click on subscription on the support page, and it will give more options.
- Scroll down until you enter the option I want to close my account permanently and click on it to move forward.
- Hit on close Spotify account, which attempts to keep the user on the platform.
- An emotion built on the next page to keep the user consuming music, and then you have to click “Close Account” to move forward.
- In different innovative attempts, the company provides statistics such as Playlists, Followers, and Following. Of course, you have to hit on continue to move forward.
- On this page, the company gives in-depth information on what you are losing and what you can do after deleting the Spotify account. I will read this part later on, but you wish to delete the account at this point, and then click on “continue.”
- A verification email was sent to the registered email inbox.
- Open the inbox, and you will get a verification email coming from Spotify. Open the email and then hit on the green button to proceed further, and it will redirect to the official support page.
Of course, you do have more choices after closing the Spotify account on the popular music sharing platform.
What Happen When You Delete Spotify Account
The music service company provides alternative choices to the platform users, and I will give those details.
What do you lose?
- The number of followers you received will no longer see or listen to your music.
- The number of playlists that you have created will no longer be available.
- The deleted account username is not available for a current registrant.
However, the deleted Spotify account is subjected to a 7-days period to recover the account. In short, the user can retrieve the account within seven days of the period, and the data is not deleted from the servers yet.
Remember, Spotify has a free tier. If you’re a premium subscriber, it’s possible to cancel your membership without closing your account entirely. Anyone can delete a Spotify account by following the instructions, but the procedure may not work on smartphone browsers.
When you erase your Spotify account, you can still use the same email, but everything else will have to be new. You’ll need to use another username and start from scratch.