Queries to acknowledge how to disable Google Assistant will tell you in this guide. Who has the best virtual assistant? It’s quite difficult to tell, mainly when Apple’s Siri, Amazon’s Alexa, and Google Assistant can all usually do the same tasks. This is AI’s wake environment, and it comes to change your life by using your phone, smart home device, or smart speaker.
For the main part, concluding that voice-activated assistant beats the purpose of having a smart device in the first place. But it is probable by the time that you might want to silence it or limit its works, particularly on your smartphone.
What Is Google Assistant?
Google Assistant is a virtual assistant powered by AI for phones, computers, tablets, and intelligent home devices. You can interact with these AI Assistants through voice or keyboard input to search on the internet, play music, send texts, check the weather, set alarms, schedule events, adjust smart home settings, and many more.
Google Assistant claims over 1 million tasks can perform on its own, which are increasing with time. Further tasks are created feasible thanks to the AI’s integration with Google’s large collection of apps as well as other third-party services.
How to turn off Google Assistant on Android
For those who want to simply remove Google Assistant, just obey these steps to turn it off fully on your Android device:
- On your tool open the Google app and then press the 3 dots in the bottom toolbar (labeled as “more”).
- Pick “Settings” to open up a new menu.
- Click on the Google Assistant text and enter the Assistant section.
- Inside “Assistant devices,” choose “Phone.”
- Hit on the toggle button to turn your device’s Google Assistant.
Turn off Google Assistant temporarily
Maybe you have an intelligent display, smart speaker, or smart clock and you need to turn off Google Assistant for a while only, or you need to turn it off frequently at particular times. You can adjust it using Downtime in the Google Home app. Here are the steps how:
- Head, open the Google Home app on your device.
- Press Home and choose a device.
- Press on the Settings gear symbol.
- Press on Digital Wellbeing than New Schedule.
- Choose all the devices you need to apply it to, then hit Next.
- Choose the days and pick a schedule, you can choose ready-made or can create a custom schedule, then hit Next.
- Select start and end times then hit Next and then Done.
If you want to turn on Google Assistant again just reverse any of these settings by following the same path. Keep in mind that Google Assistant is growing all the time and you can get a lot of features with the time with the right voice commands.
How to tweak your Google Assistant settings
You can tweak all kinds of settings in your device’s Google app if you go to More – Settings – Google Assistant as we gave you above, but what if you want to turn off particular triggers?
It is possible that you just want to turn off voice commands so that it doesn’t keep triggering Google Assistant accidentally, but you’d still like it to work while you’re driving. Here are the steps for the Samsung Galaxy phone, saw the path can be pretty different for other devices.
- Drive to Settings on your phone and hit on Apps.
- Click the 3 vertically arranged dots at the right top for more options on the screen then press Default apps.
- Next, Press on the Device assistance app.
- There is a lot of stuff you can change here and they’ll be various depending on your phone. For example.
- Click on the setting gear symbol to dig deeper and you have more options. Press on Voice Match.
- Here you can see a toggle key to turn off Access with Voice Match but must leave it ON While driving.
Google Assistant is really a great feature for newly made smartphones. If we could go back to earlier versions, can see there is not any type of Assistant provided. So it is also easy to uninstall or stop the updates in your device and you’re free of Google Assistant.
- Just drive to Under Settings > Applications, reach to Application Manager, and look for Google.
- After open, the menu and, you can view the Uninstall updates option pop up.
Three Google Assistant features that should Turn Off now
Voice recording settings
Google freshly caused modifications to its voice recording privacy settings. Excluding you are opt-in, Google won’t retain your audio recordings or share them with its personal analyzers to improve Google’s algorithms. However, if you opted in or have earlier received audio recordings, you can pick how long Google keeps them or manually delete them.
It helps Google listen for follow-up questions without saying “Hey, Google” a second time. While this is convenient, further listening can sometimes be less than seamless, especially when you don’t have a follow-up question or you’re just asking a question of someone else in the room. Luckily, you can turn off this feature.
“Hey Google” sensitivity
If you imagine like you’re always calling up your smart speakers unexpectedly, the Hey Google sensibility may be too great. You can adjust how well your Google Assistant responds to its wake keyword if it isn’t hearing you well enough or if it misses other words for its wake word.
Google Assistant provides voice searching, voice commands, and voice-activated device control, letting you complete several tasks after you’ve said the “OK Google” or “Hey Google” wake words. It is designed to give you conversational interactions. But if want to get rid of it you can just check it out all the steps listed above.