Are you searching to know how to report someone on Discord? Discord is one of several useful applications for gamers. It provides users to voice chat or even send text messages to their friends. Additionally, users can also interact with strangers via a dedicated server. However, there is ever a chance of coming across a user who might be violating the application’s guidelines. Fortunately, the developers have made it likely to report someone on Discord.
Reporting a user who is violating the guidelines will not only benefit you, but it can also help everyone on the platform indirectly. You can even report a whole server if members on it are engaged in activity against the guidelines. It’s also worth noting that you can block an individual if they aren’t violating any policies, but you do not wish to communicate with them. Nonetheless, in this example, we will show you how to report someone on Discord.
Reasons to Report Someone on Discord
Before marking out the steps to report someone on Discord, you might want to check out what activity is against Discord’s Guidelines. You can view Discord’s Community Guidelines, which will give you all the necessary information. Below are a few exercises that violate the service’s guidelines:
- Creating servers to promote hate speech
- Sharing child pornography
- Spam messages
- Making threats of violence
- Spreading viruses
- Sharing images of sadistic gore or animal cruelty
These are some of the few exercises that are opposite Discord’s guidelines. Therefore, if you spot any user or server included in any of the mentioned activities or from Discord’s community guidelines, you can report them.
How to Report Someone on Discord?
You can apart do this step if you are the channel admin or moderator, a.k.a. The person who created the channel. So if you’re not that person, take in contact with someone who is and follow these steps:
- Open Discord on your desktop device.
- If you are the moderator, hit Settings at the bottom left of your screen beside your name.
- Select “Appearance” from the menu on the left.
- Following Advanced, turn on the toggle for Developer Mode if it isn’t previously.
- Next, you have to collect three different types of information. First, go to the person you need to report. Press Right-button on their name and preferred Copy ID. Paste this information somewhere you can access later.
- Find the message you wish to report. You can seek for it on the search bar above if you can’t find it. Click on the ellipsis icon beside the message and pick Copy Link. Paste this detail somewhere you can access later.
- Now, right-click on the name of your server from the menu on the left side. Prefer Copy ID and paste this information somewhere you can access later.
- Finally, go to this link to file your report. Follow the on-screen directions and enter the information in the appropriate text fields.
And that’s it. Discord’s Support Team will look over your report and take the next steps of action.
If you aren’t an admin but would yet like to file a report, you can do so via this link. Make sure you have screenshots of the discussion or any other relevant information you have regarding the issue.
How to Report Someone on Discord Using ioS
Incredibly, it’s more straightforward to report a discord on ioS than reporting on a desktop. You have to right-click the offending message then click on the report button. The real thing about reporting on ioS is that you won’t have to explain.
Also, no ID codes are needed. This saves you the stress of retrieving codes. But that does mean that ioS Discord reports are not controlled with the seriousness they deserve like the Desktop reports. Both are treated similarly.
In most instances, you may not get any response. If you know that you must explain the incident, send them an email through email@example.com.
How to Block any User on Discord?
If a particular user is giving unsolicited messages or being spammy, try blocking the person. A user you stop won’t be ready to see your status, reply, or contact you on Discord.
The bottom line is: reporting someone is healthy for keeping safe a server, including yourself. However, if someone is a general annoyance, then blocking the person wouldn’t be a bad idea.