Get Ready for NFL Sunday Ticket on Google TV!
If you’re a football fan, you’re in for a treat. Google TV is bringing NFL Sunday Ticket to its platform, and it’s going to be epic. This service, which Google secured the rights to last year, will soon be available for all to enjoy. But that’s not all – Google also offers the NFL subscription service on YouTube and YouTube TV.
According to an announcement blog post by Google TV product managers Nick Staubach and Sal Altayyar, starting this football season, NFL Sunday Ticket on YouTube and YouTube TV will be fully integrated into Google TV in the U.S. This means that you’ll be able to access live out-of-market Sunday afternoon games, catch top highlights, and get recommendations for the best games of the week – all conveniently on your Google TV home screen. If you’re a YouTube TV subscriber, adding an NFL Sunday Ticket subscription will soon bring the service to the app’s live tabs.
Google snagged the rights to NFL Sunday Ticket after reportedly outbidding Apple and Amazon in late 2022. DirecTV had held these rights for almost three decades, making Google’s win a significant game-changer. Currently, annual packages for the service start at $399 through YouTube, or $299 when bundled with a separate YouTube TV membership ($73/month). For fans who crave the NFL RedZone channel for comprehensive Sunday afternoon game coverage, an extra $40 will be added to each plan.
Google TV’s Game-Changing Integration
The integration of NFL Sunday Ticket into Google TV is a game-changer for cord-cutters. Google TV, a platform that combines streaming services, live TV, and a personalized recommendation system, now offers access to this coveted NFL package. Here’s what viewers can expect:
- Out-of-Market Games: Subscribers to NFL Sunday Ticket on Google TV will have access to all out-of-market NFL games, including live broadcasts, replays, and highlights.
- Cross-Platform Access: The integration ensures that football fans can watch their favorite games not only on their TV but also on other devices, such as smartphones, tablets, and laptops.
- Enhanced Experience: Google TV’s user-friendly interface and recommendation system can help viewers discover and follow their favorite teams and players more easily.
- Streaming Flexibility: Cord-cutters can enjoy the flexibility of streaming NFL games without the need for a traditional cable or satellite subscription.
- Multiple Screens: Users can take advantage of split-screen and multi-view options, allowing them to keep an eye on multiple games simultaneously.
But that’s not all the exciting news from Google. The company has also announced the addition of over 25 new free channels to Google TV. While the specific channels haven’t been disclosed, we do know that popular shows like Top Gear and Baywatch will be included. These unknown networks will join Google TV’s already extensive lineup of over 800 FAST (free ad-supported streaming television) channels.
Be ready to catch all the football action and enjoy an expanded range of entertainment options on Google TV. Don’t miss out – get on board today!