Nothing is worse than being in the middle of a heated gaming session and your PS5 controller suddenly runs out of battery. You can either power through with a wired connection or switch to your spare controller (if you have one) or risk to wait up until it’s finished recharging.
That’s why it’s crucial to pay attention to your controller’s battery life so you’re never stuck in such an unenviable situation again. Here are a couple of ways you add your PlayStation 5 DualSense Controller center stage in your life and keep an ever watchful eye on its battery level:
First off, you should make sure that all settings are properly configured back home in the console menus and always remember to turn Bluetooth off when a controller isn’t accessing the connected devices. Another step is enabling any existing power saving features like auto shutdown if for instance, the controller senses no movement after a certain period of time.
- Press the PS button. A quick menu will launch.
- Go to the Accessories option and click on it.
- Look at the battery icon right next to your Dualsense Wireless Controller. That indicates the amount of charge still has in it.
2. From PC Using the DS4 Windows App
- Download the DS4 Windows software and install the application on your PC.
- Launch the DS4 Windows application.
- Click on the Controllers In the Battery column, you will see the exact battery percentage of the controller.
Note: Make sure the controller is connected to your PC. If not, you won’t be able to check the battery level from the app.
3. From Steam App
- Open the Steam application.
- Click on the Big Picture Mode icon from the top right corner.
- Find the battery icon, which looks like a controller.
- From there, you will know how much charge remains on the controller. In case you don’t see the battery icon, it means the controller isn’t connected or somehow the battery feature is disabled. To activate the battery function, follow the steps.
- Go to the Controller section and select Controller Settings.
- Locate the Detected Controllers There you will find your connected PS5 DualSense controller.
- Select the Identify button.
Go back to the main page, and the battery icon should be available there.